[sustran] Seeking Endorsements for the Warsaw Statement on Low Carbon Transport and Sustainable Development

Cornie Huizenga cornie.huizenga at slocatpartnership.org
Fri Nov 8 01:39:18 JST 2013

Dear All,

We are seeking your endorsements of the Warsaw Statement on Low Carbon
Transport and Sustainable Development, which will be adopted at Transport
Day 2013 (transport day.org) on 17 November in Warsaw. The Warsaw Statement
contains recommendations on how to strengthen the integration of
sustainable, low carbon transport in the UNFCCC  process, especially the
new global agreement on climate change. Negotiations on the new climate
agreement started following agreement on the Durban Platform for Enhanced
Action <http://unfccc.int/key_steps/durban_outcomes/items/6825.php> in
Durban, South Africa in 2011, where the global community decided to develop
a new global climate change agreement.

This document was drafted by a small committee chaired by Michael Replogle
(ITDP). It was developed through a collaborative process by representatives
of sustainable transport and development institutions around the world.
 Upon adoption, the Warsaw Statement will be sent to the UNFCCC Executive
Director Christiana Figueres and the UNFCC Secretariat, the national focal
points and the chairs of the main negotiating groups on Monday
18th November.  It will be shared with the press and disseminated during
any possible transport side events in week 2 of COP 19. The Warsaw
Statement will also be widely circulated in the wider international
community in respect to the development of a Sustainable Development Goal
and SLoCaT’s input into the Open Working Group next January. We are  asking
as many groups as possible *to give their organizational endorsement of the
Warsaw Statement.* They can do so by going to:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/warsaw-declaration and endorse the Warsaw
Statement.

In addition, we also have the possibility for* individuals to endorse* the
Warsaw Statement and we hope that many of you and your colleagues will also
express their individual support.

We intend to make active use of the Warsaw Statement in our future outreach
activities on transport and climate change. It is important therefor to
have broad registered support for the Warsaw Statement. We call on all to
widely disseminate the Warsaw Statement and to encourage a wide range of
organizations and individuals to
endorse<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/warsaw-declaration> the
Warsaw Statement.

Please see here for full-text of the Warsaw
Statement<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/warsaw-declaration>
.
On behalf of the Transport Day 2013 Organizers.

Cornie
--
Cornie Huizenga
Joint Convener, SLoCaT Partnership