[sustran] Old Mobility: Going, Going, Gone!

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Mar 18 22:18:28 JST 2013

Old Mobility: Going, Going,
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/old-mobility-working-our-way-o
ut-of-the-box/>  Gone!

In order to understand what needs to be done to create healthier lives and a
better performing set of transportation arrangements, World Streets has from
the very beginning made a consistent distinction between what we call “Old
Mobility” vs.”New Mobility.”  The difference between the two is simple,
straight-forward . . . and substantial.

Old mobility was the dominant form of transportation policy, practice and
thinking that took its full shape and momentum starting in the mid twentieth
century, at a time when we all lived in a universe that was, or at least
seemed to be, boundless and  free of constraints. It served many of us well
in many ways at the time, albeit with numerous and notable exceptions,
though we were blind to most of them most of the time. It was a very
different world back them. But that world is gone.  Gone and it will never
come
back.http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpr
ess/img/trans.gif?m=1207340914ghttp://networkdispatches.wordpress.com/wp-inc
ludes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif?m=1207340914g

Article at

  Francis  Eric Knight Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

   <http://www.worldstreets.org/> World Streets  |  New Mobility Consult
<http://consult.worldstreets.org/>  | 2013 Work Program
<http://2013.worldstreets.org/>  | W/S on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/worldstreets>  | Zetabytes
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZetabytesOpen-Systems/487950324572454>

  9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088
0787  | E.  <mailto:eric.britton at ecoplan.org> eric.britton at ecoplan.org   |
S. newmobility