[sustran] Re: Sustran-discuss Digest, Vol 115, Issue 6

sudhir gota sudhirgota at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 15:25:19 JST 2013

Dear Henrik and all,

I think what Cornie was referring to was on rural inaccessible
areas/villages being connected by infrastructure i.e. all weather roads. It
improves accessibility and hence not to restrict such infrastructure in
developing countries. I personally see nothing wrong in that as it improves
access to healthcare, education, jobs, access to markets for
agriculture etc. for remote areas.

On the Voluntary commitments..
there are many commitments made by different agencies. Please have a look
at all the VC's.
I feel that there are different ways to approach a problem.. so it should
be okay for people to follow different ideas as long as the commitment is
to attain sustainable transport. I see nothing wrong in this process.

regards
Sudhir