[sustran] open access to SUTP.org

Carlosfelipe Pardo carlosfpardo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 23:32:38 JST 2012

I just wanted to send a short congratulations to SUTP.org staff for
giving open access to all their documentation (it has always been free,
but registration was needed). I am sure many of you are also happy to
hear this. Below the full announcement:

    Open access at sutp.org
    <http://sutp.org/index.php/news-archive-mainmenu-156/sutp-news-mainmenu-155/3393-open-access-at-sutporg>

Published on Monday, 17 September 2012 07:29|Print
<http://sutp.org/index.php/news-archive-mainmenu-156/sutp-news-mainmenu-155/3393-open-access-at-sutporg?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=>|Email
<http://sutp.org/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&template=sutp&link=62f7ef25524f175dc97332b827b5e31f74f32fc9>

While sutp.org has always been providing all information for free, we
recognize that the registration process required until today has been a
barrier for many potential users. This is why we have given green light
for a major change on sutp.org: From today on all downloads are possible
without registering. All existing registered sutp.org-users will
continue to receive our regular SUTP newsletter, while their user
profiles and data formerly required to log in for downloads will be
deleted. This open access policy allows us to increase the outreach of
SUTP and the convenience for our users. Don't hesitate to spread the
message, and to invite your colleagues and friends to register for our
SUTP newsletter to stay informed about our activities for more
sustainable urban transport. If you face any difficulties or in case you
have any further suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us
atsutp at sutp.org <mailto:sutp at sutp.org>.