[sustran] Importance of Gender Parity in Transport Planning and Policy

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Nov 8 22:52:43 JST 2012

cid:image003.jpg at 01CDBDBC.1705F4A0

Importance of Gender Parity in Transport Planning and Policy

See: article at http://wp.me/psKUY-2oF

Gender parity at all levels of the planning and decision process  is a
persistent, insistent theme at World Streets.  We do not mind repeating and
being annoying on this topic, if that is the case. We invite you to consult
past articles and ongoing campaigns on women and leadership in our sector in
the pages of World Streets.

We would also like to invite you to share your views on the poll that you
will find at the top of the article.

# # #
When organizing a policy conference on participatory planning and active
citizenry, how important would you say obtaining  strong gender parity is?

1. Not important

2. Not appropriate in this case

3. Difficulty in finding qualified females to participate

4. Ready to work in this case to ensure a better level of gender parity

5. Make full parity a fundamental condition of the event

6. Aim for (5), do my best, and if I don't make it, swear to do better the
next time.

7. I am willing to publicly record the final parity ratio after the event.

# # #
Thank you,