[sustran] Join us for a car-free Sunday just before the Transport Forum (4 November)

ksakamoto at adb.org ksakamoto at adb.org
Thu Nov 1 15:45:57 JST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Participants to the Transport Forum 2012 are invited to the Car-Free
Sunday on 4 November, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This car-free day event
is part of an initiative led by the City of Pasig, with technical support
from ADB’s Regional and Sustainable Development Department.

The Car-Free Sunday takes place on F. Ortigas, Jr. Road, minutes away from
ADB Headquarters:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=F.+Ortigas+Jr.+Road,+Pasig+City,+Metro+Manila,+Philippines&hl=en&oq=F.+Ortigas,+Jr.+Roa&hnear=Emerald+Ave,+Pasig+City,+Metro+Manila,+Philippines&t=m&z=17

With the street fully closed to traffic, everyone can come and enjoy many
fun-filled activities. Tai chi, Zumba, Cosplay, and Puppeteer will be
offered. Karaoke and a live band will also entertain those who come.
Children will enjoy street art lessons and games.

By supporting the Car-Free Sunday, we can begin the process of creating a
better community and street environment in the Ortigas Centre area.
Car-free days have proven to be a means to revitalize community spirit,
physical fitness, and area revitalization in leading cities around the
world.

For more information, please see attached poster.

We look forward to welcoming many of you there!

Best Regards
ADB transport team

Ko Sakamoto
Transport Economist

Sustainable Infrastructure Division
Regional and Sustainable Development Department
Asian Development Bank
6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City, 1550 Metro Manila, Philippines

Tel: +63 2 683 1664
Fax: +63 2 636 2198
Email: ksakamoto at adb.org
http://www.adb.org