[sustran] Request for collaboration on green mobility infrastructure development in selected Nigerian tertiary institution

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri May 18 18:56:39 JST 2012

This is a great project Joshua.  Here are my quick reactions, ideas for what they are worth. I will share this on some of our networks, and I am sure that friends out there will pick up on this as well and join the fray.

1. Give it a great, short and memorable name. (Here's a bad one to get you going: ReBike.)

2. Create an interactive blog to support the program over, say, the next two years. There are some great formats around which you can quickly and well knock off. I and I am sure others will have ideas for you on that.

3. Invite internationalers working in this area to join in. Maybe you could ask them to be on your board of experts or whatever, to support the project and give it some kind of international weight when you are discussing with local government, the schools, etc.

4. Keep it a thousand miles away from any one political party (including the Greens).

5. Reach out to other universities and student groups and ask them for their ideas, experience and eventual leads for your program.

Now for those friends and colleagues working in this area who have picked up on this, join in and lend a hand. If we wait for world government to do the job, we will have very long beards indeed.

Off we go,

Eric Britton