[sustran] Re: Country's largest flyover?

Cornie Huizenga cornie.huizenga at slocatpartnership.org
Tue May 1 19:28:09 JST 2012

Hi Hassaan,

Would be interesting to have some more info on the numbers quoted:

*As many as 4 lakh 27 thousand vehicles will pass over a 2.6km long Muslim
Town Flyover daily. There will be a saving of Rs.2.6 billion in the fuel
due to smooth flow of traffic and this bridge will recoup its construction
cost only within a year.*

According to my calculations based on 18 hours a day 427,000 vehicles means
23,722 vehicles per hour and 395 cars per minute (18 hours per day!). That
is a pretty busy fly-over!

According to my calculations, based on the number of users this would mean
a saving of US$ 0.18 or PKR 16.3 per vehicle that passes over the flyover.
I wonder how the savings have been calculated?

Cornie

--
Cornie Huizenga
Joint Convener