[sustran] Re: Motorcycle-proof design of cycleways?

Ian Perry ianenvironmental at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:34:47 JST 2012

Hi Roger,

I have seen (and photographed) an example in York (UK).  It was the same as
this one:
http://www.cyclestreets.net/location/32706/

It was/is awful!

There are others:
http://www.cyclestreets.net/photos/obstructions/other/all.html

http://www.cyclestreets.net/photomap/tags/york/page2.html

I didn't come across any motorcycle/scooter barriers in the Netherlands
where scooters can be a problem on cycle paths - probably because they are
a hazard for cyclists.

Ian