[sustran] Re: Fleet Taxis

ashok datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:11:11 JST 2012

yes , this is a good observation Debi .
One way to approach this problem is use of IT
with the new developments in mobile telephony , it is possible that radio
paging can be extended to all the taxies and autos
at a very small cost
this can be either voluntary or we can allow a slightly higher fee for all
the taxies and autos who can join an approved service provider ( or Radio
paging )
once we have 150,000 taxies/auto on radio paging rather than only 2000 or
3000 vehicle we can have a great competition and accessibility and high
chances of success instantly.
for meru , u have to book  a few hours in advance
whereas if we really work on universal paging system, this can improve the
situation for all
but we dont seem to have point for such governance and marketing focussed
reforms which benefit users as well as service providers

--
Ashok R.Datar
Mumbai Environmental Social Network

* I hear, then I forget.  I see, then I remember. I do, then I understand.*