[sustran] Re: "So much for green transport."

Alok Jain alok.priyanka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:28:53 JST 2012

Dear Eric,

Lately this has been attracting a lot of press. I am attaching a few articles.

This quote from one of the persons representing one of the Residents Welfare Association encapsulates the problem.

“While there are not even enough buses and other intermediary
transport like autos that were promised long ago, the government is
trying to push BRT without dependable and safe public transport. How
can they even expect people to shift from private to public vehicles when
they don’t have enough public vehicles? It appears like a money-making
enterprise,”

As I had mentioned earlier, I do see a rising support for public transport but it has to be "good". By attaching a fancy acronym to a half-baked idea, is doing injustice to the cause of public transport.

Best Regards
Alok