[sustran] Guangzhou joins the list of cities in China with a quota for new vehicles

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Jul 3 15:47:29 JST 2012

Oh dear, is that supposed to be good news?

Economists of course do not love quotas. And while they are certainly not right all the time, there is often good sense in what they have to propose in the many similar circumstances.

But let me ask you all this? Can you possibly tell me a worse way, a more primitive way, a dumber way to get this particular job done? I would very much like to see your list.

And once we have that out of the way, what about making up a list of the many good ways that are available and proven that will get this demand/supply disequilibrium into better balance for the environment, society, the economy and life quality of all concerned.

Now THAT is an interesting question.

Eric Britton

PS.  Please note new addresses and phone numbers as of 24 April 2012

  Francis  Eric Knight-Britton, Managing Director /  Editor
  New Mobility Partnerships   | World Streets  |  The Equity/Transport Project
  9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton at ecoplan.org   |  S. newmobility
  9440 Readcrest Drive. Los Angeles, CA  90210  |   Tel. +1 213  985 3501  |  eric.britton at newmobility.org  |  Skype: ericbritton

 Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement