[sustran] Re: Jaipur BRT - Success, Failure or something in between?

Rutul Joshi joshirutul at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 16 14:13:12 JST 2012

Hi Alan and others,

Interesting queries. As a co-author of the study quoted (Indian urban elites do not want to share urban resources with poor including road space. Hence it takes long time for the cities to get convinced on systems like appropriate BRT Model), I would really like this forum to discuss our claim. What is the progress of BRT in Indian cities and more importantly, what are the bottlenecks?

thanks,
Rutul