[sustran] Re: Extending Sustran

Ian Perry ianenvironmental at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 25 00:54:05 JST 2012

Hi,

I'll agree with Carlos.  FB is not a good tool for in-depth discussion,
it's designed for sharing links, photos and short messages - ones a little
bit longer than Twitter.  Although there may be 1500 people as members
of the FB group, how many are active; how many ever visit the group?

Cross-posting only adds to the numbers of emails I ignore or leave forever
unopened.  I passed 10,000 unopened emails long ago, despite purges from
time to time.  FB does help with this, but it is still not an alternative
to the email discussions...

I'm sure that the gap will eventually be filled by a new networking and
discussion platform.  I think it's best no to rush and then have to rebuild
in a years time...

Ian