[sustran] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Kant Were a New York Cyclist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sujit Patwardhan patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:37:00 JST 2012

*
*From the New York Times*
Sunday Review

*But most of the resentment of rule-breaking riders like me, I suspect,
derives from a false analogy: conceiving of bicycles as akin to cars. In
this view, bikes must be regulated like cars, and vilified when riders
flout those regulations, as if we were cunningly getting away with
something. But bikes are not cars. Cars drive three or four times as fast
and weigh 200 times as much. Drive dangerously, you’re apt to injure
others; ride dangerously, I’m apt to injure myself. I have skin in the
game. And blood. And bones.*

*Read the whole article here>>>>*

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/opinion/sunday/if-kant-were-a-new-york-cyclist.html?smid=fb-share

*It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
*

- J. Krishnamurti

Sujit Patwardhan
patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
sujit at parisar.org <sujitjp at gmail.com>
Yamuna, ICS Colony, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune 411 007, India
Tel: +91 20 25537955
Cell: +91 98220 26627