[sustran] Re: Fare Policies for Taxi Services

FEKBRITTON fekbritton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:49:45 JST 2012

Thanks so much for the heads up on this Akshay.  But I wonder if in most
Indian cities, on the part of both the rickshaw drivers and the people who
use them all the time, there is not a well-known de facto fare "system".  I
ask this because I always tend to be a little bit prudent when it comes to
creating overlays of policies, systems, enforcement and punishment which may
not necessarily work in the best interest of all.

Please tell me if I have this wrong.

Best/Eric

PS.  Please note new address and phone number as of 24 April 2012

  Francis  Eric Kinght-Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

   <http://www.newmobility.org/> New Mobility Partnerships   |
<http://www.worldstreets.org/> World Streets  |
<http://equitytransport.wordpress.com/> The Equity/Transport Project

  9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |   Tel. +336 5088 0787 |
<mailto:eric.britton at ecoplan.org> eric.britton at ecoplan.org   |  Skype:
newmobility

  Email backup contacst as needed: fekbritton at gmail.com  | Tel2  +33 6 3351
6718  | Skype: ericbritton