[sustran] Re: Infrastructure Oversupply

ashok datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:19:28 JST 2011

glad u have touched upon a basic issue about whether we should have so much
transport infra structure as Chinese are finding out
we have advantage of learning from them and we should use it
I believe some basic restraint is needed everywehre when we discuss the
sustainability
in particular, by too many highways we creat avoidable transportation .. why
we should we be eating Chines apples, NZ pears, Australian kiwis etc. the
energy that is spent in transportation and storage undermines the basic law
of nature
let us think more local
can we also show preference for rail network rather than road or air as it
is less energy using ?
ashok datar

--
Ashok R.Datar
Mumbai Environmental Social Network

* I hear, then I forget.  I see, then I remember. I do, then I understand.*