[sustran] Walkability survey results

Sudhir sudhir at cai-asia.org
Thu Sep 1 17:11:55 JST 2011

Colleagues,

Over the last one year we along with several partners have been conducting
walkability surveys across Asian cities. With great help from several NGO's,
students, citizens and government officials we have reached 21 cities across
Asia. You can read about the survey findings @

http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/node/7495

http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/node/7353

http://www.walk21.com/papers/B102A%20-%20Punte%20-%20walkability%20in%20Asian%20cities.pdf

 “walkability score” for each city was determined using following parameters
- Walking Path Modal Conflict, Availability of Walking Paths, Availability
of Crossings, Grade Crossing Safety, Motorist Behaviour, Amenities,
Disability Infrastructure, Obstructions and Security from Crime. The survey
was conducted across different type of landuse such as residential,
commercial, educational and public transport terminals. Pedestrian interview
surveys were also conducted along with the field walkability surveys. These
surveys were conducted to validate the results of the field surveys as well
as to collect the feedback and opinion of the pedestrians. Nearly 5000
pedestrians were interviewed across several cities ( including use of online
survey
http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/sites/default/files/walkability_online_survey.pdf)

regards

Sudhir

---
*Sudhir Gota,** Technical Manager (Transportation)*
*Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities Center (CAI-Asia)**
*
*Unit 3505 Robinsons Equitable Tower, ADB Avenue, Pasig City 1605
PHILIPPINES *
*Tel +63 395 2843 l Fax +63 395 2846 l s <ritchie.rono at cai-asia.org>
udhir at cai-asia.org l Skype: sudhirgota*
*www.cleanairinitiative.org l www.facebook.com/cai.asia*