[sustran] This is what happens when "green (private) cars" are promoted in the North

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Nov 8 17:44:33 JST 2011

World Streets

I appreciate your point Todd, but I think a bit differently about this.

The path to sustainable transport and sustainable cities, passes by
sustainable lives. Now what I like about this project is not that it is an
EV and we all know of course by now that E-vehicles are more than a bit of
hype when it comes to their claim as sustainable transport.

But what I like about their project is the fact that a group of young
Ugandan students are putting their heads together to create something that
is different and that is a great laboratory for learning and team work.
It's not a sustainability project per se, but that they can learn as a next
step.

I see this as a step in a process and bravo to them (and to their wonderful
University, Makerere, which thought all the turmoil's of these recent hard
decades in Uganda has somehow endures when so much else fails and suffers).

Thanks for drawing this to our attention Todd.

Eric Britton