[sustran] Graduate seminars on Sustainable Development, Business & Society

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon May 23 01:42:52 JST 2011

Sustainable Development, Business & Society

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I have the honor of being asked to organize and present a cycle of graduate
seminars on Sustainable Development, Business & Society, the first of which
to be presented to a class of MBA candidates in their last semester in a
business school here in Paris, the Institut Supérieur de Gestion. It is an
intensive, total emersion course crammed into an demanding three day period,
9-11 June 2011, with the students  and myself working together in an
interactive plugged-in environment eight hours each day.

To get most  mileage out of such a short period, I am presently right in the
middle of  the process of working to create what I hope will become an
easy-to-use internet-mediated " toolkit" in support of the seminar.  I would
like to draw this to your attention, with the thought that perhaps you may
have some ideas and suggestions for us (the site is presently about 70%
complete, but is still light on actual content).

To provide some orientation in how this works, I have just drafted a two
page background note which I attach for your information.  One of the areas
in which we are still far too light is the identification of related
university programs. So if you can send on URLs and names it would be great
to be able to give them a good look.

As we all know well, this is a very tricky and still very much wide open
area of policy and practice, and nobody who follows developments can be
satisfied with our present level of knowledge or performance.  You will find
a few background words on how I see it playing out at
http://sustainabiltyseminar.wordpress.com/about/syllabus/, but more on this
will have to await further progress in the program and on the site.

If you wish to follow the action, let me invite you to subscribe, and once
there I would suggest that you sign up for the weekly report so as not to be
invaded by course details once things start to get rolling.  We also have
made arrangements for a certain number of course auditors, and if you wish
to exchange some words on this I will be pleased to hear from you.

I very much hope that this is going to be a useful and creative exercise,
not only for this first class but for all who choose to follow and
eventually participate in some manner.

With all good wishes,

Eric Britton

   Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director

   World Streets / New Mobility Partnerships

   8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France

   Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor at newmobility.org   |  Skype: newmobility