[sustran] [Register Now: Bridging the Gap Symposium: Moving Transport from CDM to NAMAs]

SUTP Team sutp at sutp.org
Fri May 13 01:29:04 JST 2011

On behalf of our TRL colleagues:

Dear reader

We would like to invite you to the Bridging the Gap Symposium on Thursday 9th June in Bonn.  The event, entitled ‘Moving Transport from CDM to NAMAs,’ will explore the latest developments around land transport and climate change.  Please join us to hear from international experts and policy makers in this field, who will be discussing questions including:

·         What is needed to make the concept of NAMAs work for the transport sector?  What lessons need to be learned from the experience with the CDM?

·         How could transport NAMAs and MRV of emission reductions look in practice?

·         How could international support (financing, capacity building and technology transfer) be matched with the development and implementation of transport NAMAs?

This full day workshop will be held at the Gustav-Stresemann-Institut, just a 5 minute walk from the UNFCCC venue.  The agenda can be downloaded from: http://www.transport2012.org/bridging/ressources/documents/2/1329,2011-BtG-Symposium_draft_agenda_fin.pdf.

PLEASE REGISTER

This event is free to attend, but requires prior registration. Please indicate your interest to either Anne Binsted (abinsted at trl.co.uk) or Ko Sakamoto (ksakamoto at trl.co.uk).

ABOUT US

This event is organised and hosted by the Bridging the Gap Initiative (GIZ, ITDP, TRL, UITP and Veolia Transdev). Our aim is to “Bridge the Gap” between the transport sector and the climate negotiations. http://www.transport2012.org/

Our work is made in contribution to the Partnership on Sustainable Low-Carbon Transport.
www.slocat.net

Kind regards,
Anne Binsted, TRL

+44 1344 770568
abinsted at trl.co.uk
http://www.transport2012.org

Sustainable Urban Transport Project (SUTP)
E 	sutp at sutp.org
I 	http://www.sutp.org