[sustran] Rich data set on Indore Paratransit system

Ashwin Prabhu APrabhu at wri.org
Mon May 9 15:09:45 JST 2011

Hello all,

EMBARQ India recently commissioned a comprehensive study of the
paratransit system in Indore, India. The resulting report contains a
large amount of data on travel characteristics, vehicles, users,
operators and safety. We plan to use this data set to produce working
papers on various topics such as the transport cost burden of
paratransit users, the impact of moving paratransit users to the bus
system on emissions and so on.

In the meantime, we hope others interested in paratransit will be able
to use this rich data set to produce analyses around similar or other
issues.

Please find the full report at the following link:
http://www.embarq.org/en/a-study-para-transit-system-indore-city

We are happy to share the raw data as well - please contact us if you
would like a copy.

Thanks,

Ashwin Prabhu

Associate - Research and Management

EMBARQ India - The WRI Center for Sustainable Transport

World Resources Institute

Phone: (+91) 99870 55053

Email: ashwin.prabhu at wri.org