[sustran] I hate it when we quarrel

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu May 5 23:11:10 JST 2011

World Streets

             Make it yours

            Paris. Thursday, 05 May, 2011

I hate it when we quarrel with each other. It just ain't creative. As I read
it after all these years here, we, our constant long term peer group here,
are all on the same side – sustainable transport, sustainable cities and
sustainable lives.

We have different thoughts about how to get there – and I am surely among
the most obstinate of our group in my belief that the only valid primary
target is VKT reduction by whatever creative democratic manner, and fast –
but we really should not allow ourselves to become adversarial.  It is all a
matter of tone  (And I hope that YOU hear me, eh?)

I love you guys and my only complaint is that we somehow have failed to
bring more women into this little family. That, along with the occasional
(but not very frequently) quarreling, is our biggest failure thus far.

And of course that the world that we care about is still going to hell in a
hand basket, desire our hopes and efforts.

We have serious work to do.

Forward! Together!

Eric

   Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director

   World Streets / New Mobility Partnerships

   8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France

   Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor at newmobility.org   |  Skype: newmobility