[sustran] Anybody out there who loves the English language and wants to lend a hand

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Mar 18 23:51:47 JST 2011

Anybody out there who loves the English language in all its splendid nuances
and who might like to lend a hand with the following?

Our friend and colleague Enrico Bonfatti and his team of volunteers are
publishing some very interesting articles in our sister publication Nuova
Mobilità – http://nuovamobilita.org --  in which the cover challenges and
innovations from Italian cities and groups, which I am sure the readers of
World Streets would do well to know more about.

But if the articles are going to be a fast and enjoyable read (always our
target) it will be important that they are presented in good clear idiomatic
English -- and while Google Translate is useful and a big help as a first
step, we think it would be better if some English-loving soul could come in
from time to time and help us fine-tune the machine translations for
articles. Knowledge of Italian is a help, but more important I would say is
a good feel for our topics and a capacity for writing well in English. And
if you run into areas of uncertainty , Enrico and I will always be there to
help clarify.

Should you be even a bit tempted, let me point you to one I believe quite
nice example, a short report that appeared in N/M today on an Italian
innovational project that combines hitchhiking and ride-sharing. You can see
the Italian original at
http://nuovamobilita.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/jungo-un-po-car-pooling-un-po-
autostop/, and for the rough Google transition -
http://translate.google.it/translate?js=n
<http://translate.google.it/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&e
otf=1&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.nuovamobilita.wordpress.com>
&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.nuovamobili