[sustran] International Women's Day 2011 - celebrated on World Streets too

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Mar 9 04:20:32 JST 2011

Fix Sustainable Transport: Ensure Full Gender Parity in all Decision and
Investment Fora
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/fix-sustainable-transport-ensu
re-full-gender-parity-in-all-decision-and-investment-fora/>

Today is International Women's Day. Not only that, 2011 marks the one
hundredth anniversary of this great and necessary idea. So what better
occasion for World Streets to announce publicly, loudly and yet once again
our firm belief that the most important single thing that our society, our
nations and our cities could do to increase the fairness and the
effectiveness of our transportation arrangements would be to make it a
matter of the law that all decisions determining how taxpayer money is
invested in the sector should be decided by councils that respect full
gender parity. We invite you to join us in this challenge and make it one of
the major themes of sustainable transport policy and accomplishment
worldwide in 2011.
ü  Read more of this post
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/fix-sustainable-transport-ensu
re-full-gender-parity-in-all-decision-and-investment-fora/#more-5453>  -
http://wp.me/psKUY-1pX
ü  For more on women and gender
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/users/women/>   in World Streets
- http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/users/women/

.

| 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris.  | +331 75503788. |
<mailto:eric.britton at newmobility.org> eric.britton at newmobility.org  |
Skype:  newmobility  |

Read World Streets at  <http://worldstreets.org/> http://worldstreets.org  |
weekly edition: Click  <http://wp.me/P15YEC-a2> here