[sustran] [India Streets ] Lahore Transport Master Plan: Master of none

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Mar 3 22:48:10 JST 2011

LAHORE TRANSPORT MASTER PLAN: MASTER OF NONE Eric Britton, editor | 3 March
2011 at 12:06 | Categories: bad planning/execution, Planning, transport/land
use | URL:

As we read Hassaan Ghazali’s clear-eyed analysis of the short-comings of the
Lahore Transport Master Plan and the process behind it, it is natural enough
that we from other parts of the world think of it as a saga that typifies
that city, that country and that part of the world. He tells us that “role
of planning in urban development has always been our Achilles heel”, which I
am sure is the case, But whoa, if we think about it we have to admit that
there are all too few cities in the world in which these challenges have
been all that well handled. We are all in fact involved in a learning
process, and with a little luck we will be able to learn from each other So
let’s hear what Hassaan has to tell us about Lahore, without forgetting for
a minute he is sharing with us a story and a challenge that we all face.
[...]

Read more of this post: http://wp.me/p15YEC-e3 Add a comment to this post :
http://wp.me/p15YEC-e3/#respond

       - - - > Would you like to support World Streets?  If so please click
to http://wp.me/PsKUY-BD  .

| 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris.  | +331 75503788. |
eric.britton at newmobility.org  |  Skype:  newmobility  |