[sustran] What can we learn from the murderous attack on cyclists in Porto Alegre on Friday?

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Mar 2 17:28:25 JST 2011

In case you missed this yesterday on World Streets

What can we learn from the murderous attack on cyclists in Porto Alegre
on Friday?
Posted on 1 March 2011 by Eric Britton, editor

Porto Alegre Brazil. 25 February 2011.
At least forty people were injured when a mad driver slammed his car into a
pack of more than 100 cyclists in the city of Porto Alegre in Brazil. The
cyclists, mainly young people, were staging a peaceful demonstration calling
for a reduction in the number of cars on the streets. The 47-year-old male
driver fled the scene of the incident Friday evening and was later arrested
after authorities found his abandoned car over the weekend

For full article:
http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/what-can-we-learn-from-the-murd
erous-attack-on-cyclists-in-porto-alegre-on-friday/