[sustran] Re: Example of why BRTs often take too long

bruun at seas.upenn.edu bruun at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 24 06:45:52 JST 2011

Pardo

I think that it would be safe to say that many projects never even
make it onto
an official list by any planning authority due to the lack of
confidence that it will
be possible to get control of the RoW. So it is quite safe to say "often".

But, of course, I agree with everyone who says that a study of how
long projects get postponed and for
what reasons is highly worthwhile. It would only need to be a
metastudy, as a lot of information is already
published. Some additional effort would be needed to identify how
often projects never even get officially
proposed due to belief that the effort will not come to fruition.

Eric Bruun