[sustran] Momentarily off topic

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Jul 26 03:15:54 JST 2011

Sometimes we (i.e., me) get a bit off topic here, and some of those times,
given we are who we are, interesting things come up as a result. For
example, I am very pleased with Navdeep's  Bollywood Bicycle Boogie
comments, so let me take a risk and try another slightly off topic item for
you.

We all know that if you really want to get to know India, you have to get
out of Delhi or Mumbai, to know France leave Paris behind you, and likewise
for just about any other place in the world.

Well, let me share this with you about a way to get to know the United
States. Something that I had done myself and that you can do in 2011. It's
called 'hit the road', it is almost free, and if you can drive without
running over cattle, I know no better way to get a feel for our great and
yes, often greatly confusing country.

So if you spirit of adventure beckons, check out
http://networkdispatches.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/on-the-road-ii-drive-acros
s-america-for-free/.  And when you make that trip make sure you tell us all
about it.

Sorry, and I shall now strictly stick to topic.