[sustran] Re: "Worst Practices": Los Angeles on the rocks

Walter Hook whook at itdp.org
Mon Jul 18 22:09:17 JST 2011

Dear Eric,

I was rather astonished to read that the top #1 'worst practice' that you
identify in your list is the Mexico City public bike sharing system.
 Somehow, this modest 1200 bike sharing system for the Roma and Condessa
neighborhoods, which has been pretty successful as far as I can tell, (I use
the system myself, its quite nice, other than a rather weakly negotiated
contract, seems to be working fine).

Perhaps you could clarify how a system that has increased bike trips has
been singled out for your ire, and ranks somehow above the construction of
highways all over china?

Clearly this list seems to be more the Eric "pet peeves" list, and as such I
dont see much point in lending it much credibility

walter

--

Walter Hook
Executive Director

Promoting sustainable and equitable transportation worldwide.