[sustran] World Ridesharing program getting underway

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Jan 26 00:01:49 JST 2011

Ridesharing has a special relationship with public transport and carsharing,
most of which facets and possibilities are yet to be identified and
explored.  But one thing for sure and that is that ridesharing in its many
forms has a VERY BIG future ahead of it.  (VERY BIG, just in case that was
not clear the first time.)

So here are two things that we are doing at World Streets to see how we can
make a contribution.

1.     A series of articles, which you can find already at
http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/sharing/rideshare/

2.     We have just today set up a Facebook Group site to support this,
which you can now find and join at http://tinyurl.com/ws-rideshare

And if in a first instance ridesharing looks like an idea for the
economically advanced nations, please understand that this is simply because
the entire field has been narrowly defined (e.g., organized carsharing,
vansharing, etc.) There is a lot more to it than that.

So off we go.