[sustran] IIID Traffic & Transport 2011 - Call for Speakers

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jan 14 20:02:24 JST 2011

The information interface linking users to mobility purveyors of the full
range of options available in any given city holds the key to the future of
sustainable transport in and around our cities.  It is, as we all know here,
not new motorway construction or expansion, nor heavy rail, and certainly
not EVs, or PRT, etc. etc.

In my humble opinion (?), this is the most important single technology area
for the public sector to step up to the plate and get behind innovation,
demonstrations, and collaborative learning that is before policy makers
today.

How can we get policy makers in both international organizations and at the
national level to understand this and do what they can to get behind this
important area of social-technical innovation?  For now, they hold the key.

Of course there will be innovations at the level of specific projects,
specific city implementations and other sources of innovation. But it would
be a wonderful thing if we had a clearer public policy perspective on all
this.

So here you have the full details on their conference and if you will, pass
it on.

All the best/Eric Britton

| 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris.  | +331 75503788. |
<mailto:eric.britton at newmobility.org> eric.britton at newmobility.org  |
Skype:  newmobility  |

New Mobility Partnerships  –  <http://www.newmobility.org/>
http://www.newmobility.org