[sustran] Delhi Metro - A Transport Planner's Perspective

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Jan 10 20:12:27 JST 2011

I wonder about this Walter.

What if the idea of a Metro/BRT link is used as a tactic, fool's bait to get
the metro built? Makes sense as a business strategy for the winners, since
the money coming to the metro project will way outweigh the BRT share. So in
such a case we would be getting ourselves used for a greater bad.

For now in most parts of the world, at least in places where there is
hyper-limited  money around to fund mobility improvements, don't we have to
wave the red flag for every metro project that raises its ugly head?

Or do I have this wrong?

Once again and as we have been reminded recently. Gandhi's: "Doing more, for
less, for more." Is the only way to go.

Eric Britton