[sustran] Re: Delhi Metro - A Transport Planner's Perspective

ashok datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 14:46:30 JST 2011

Yes, Delhi is best compared with Beijing. Besides, in Indian context, it is
important that we must identify cost /benefit in a more comprehensive manner
for alternative mass transportation projects and such an analysis should
consider the external economies such as effects on environment, low carbon
life style, affordability to a majority of population and whether it leads
to a switch from cars to public transportation.
from these angles, BRTS will come far superior than metro in  most cases
ashok datar

--
Ashok R.Datar
Mumbai Environmental Social Network