[sustran] Re: Low-fare bus service for poor in poor shape

Sunny Kodukula sunny.enie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:24:35 JST 2011

This is the perfect time for BMTC to actually charge the motorists their
actual cost of driving. The income can be used to support the public
transport and other sustainable transport modes. The outcome mentioned
in the news below is a normal case in many cities trying to have low
public transport fares. Often the cities at one point will not have
enough resources to maintain the quality of service and hence
deteriorate the public transport quality further.

Our project (GTZ-SUTP) has released a sourcebook module 1f, on how
financing of sustainable urban transport can be made possible from
various sources. The readers can download the same from our project
website.
http://www.sutp.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=22&Itemid=54&lang=en

cheers
sunny