[sustran] Re: [NewMobilityCafe] The Seven Simple Truths of Sustainable Mobility: Part II

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Feb 26 02:46:44 JST 2011

Richard wrote:  I would accept your expert recommendation and set a target
to reduce the number of households in the city proper by 50% in the next
five years, targeting 10% reductions already  in 2012.

Reducing the size of the center city, in most places, contributes to sprawl
and increases VMT.

Oops oops and thank you Richard. That was supposed to read:

" I would accept your expert recommendation and set a target to reduce the
number of car owning households in the city proper voluntarily by 50% in the
next five years, targeting the first 10% reductions already  in 2012."