[sustran] Re: The Seven Simple Truths of Sustainable Mobility (Come argue with me)

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.eu
Fri Feb 25 17:43:13 JST 2011

Hi Eric,

This is great, but for Truth 7 I would insert, before* the current
points, something like:

a) Happy, social, integrated, respectful communities
b) Safe, quiet, good-smelling neighbourhoods

*A lot of people still do not believe that humans are causing global
warming (tough beans) and related/more importantly the "green" thing is
over-rated and over-used as a hook for New Mobility. Also most people
don't care about where their oil comes from. Sure the following points
are acceptable but who is this Seven Simple Truths list for? The
public... or policy makers? They have many of the same priorities in
relation to the points I suggest but policy makers also have to meet
various environmental goals but to do it effectively get their
constituents to help using a different angle (e.g. 1% of the 40-odd% of
the people in Copenhagen cycle because it is "green", most do some
because of relatively well-applied sticks and carrots).

- T

--

Todd Edelman
Green Idea Factory,