[sustran] The Train - Capturing the value of . . .

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Feb 24 20:41:13 JST 2011

Dave Wetzel has this morning passed on this URL --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Jb-rlXJYg  -- which will take you to a 5
minute clip produced by Fred Harrison. It looks into the anomaly hereby
taxpayers finance infrastructure investments that create high value, that
are captured not by the public as a whole but by the lucky individual
landowners whose real estate values rise, often hugely, as a result of these
public investments.

This is the whole concept in a nutshell of Value Capture, a valuable tool
which is not being used or even much talked about, other than in exceptional
circumstances,

Bottom line: Value Capture is a key element of the New Mobility Agenda
strategy. Every public investments  So we all will do well to learn more
about it and push the idea when the opportunity arises.

For more discussion of this, I invite you to go to
http://tinyurl.com/landcafe-facebook and/or http://tinyurl.com/landcafe

Eric Britton

- - - > Would you like to support World Streets?  If so please click to
<http://wp.me/PsKUY-BD> http://wp.me/PsKUY-BD .

| 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris.  | +331 75503788. |
<mailto:eric.britton at newmobility.org> eric.britton at newmobility.org  |
Skype:  newmobility  |

Read World Streets at  <http://worldstreets.org/> http://worldstreets.org  |

weekly edition: Click  <http://wp.me/P15YEC-a2> here