[sustran] Re: Cycle Rickshaw Revolution in Cricket World Cup

Kanthi Kannan kanthikannan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:18:30 JST 2011

Much needed focus

Can we get the rickshaw back on our city roads as a local para transit? Or
as a feeder system? Because we find that our colony roads were designed for
only walking and cycling and at best a few cars but today these roads are
used by all kinds of automobiles and the traffic has increased.

For this to happen, will the ADB/ any other organisation with climate change
as its agenda have a meeting with the transport officials and help take the
issue forward?

Kanthi