[sustran] Support for High Speed Rail in Britain

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Feb 10 00:40:07 JST 2011

We are not through on HSR in Britain, of for that matter anywhere else on World Streets. Here is the other side of yesterday's critical coin to which we had such lively and useful responses here.

SUPPORT FOR HIGH SPEED RAIL IN BRITAIN

There is strong support from the three main political parties in the UK for the HSR proposal, and if our first article in this series argues that the reasoning behind it is heavily flawed, it is important in these matters to present the arguments of those who may not agree. Here you have some extensive extracts from a group, Greengauge 21, that have aggressively argued for the HSR proposal. We leave it to your attention. In addition to what you see here they have a more detailed leaflet outlining their arguments which you can have here - "HS2 — why the critics are wrong". And once again, we welcome your comments.

Read more of this post - http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/support-for-high-speed-rail-in-britain/