[sustran] Re: India's Planning Commission working group suggests 'urban transport tax' on purchase/ use of private vehicles - so does Hanoi

Carlosfelipe Pardo carlosfpardo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 06:49:25 JST 2011

On this topic, Colombia is planning to have various charges for buying
vehicles, as per the proposals from the current ViceMinister (Felipe
Targa) who has stated that this will help reduce the current increase in
automobile sales. Bogotá's elected mayor (Gustavo Petro, who will start
on 1st January 2012) has said he supports those measures fully and wants
to complement them with congestion pricing in order to create a
cross-subsidy for public transport i.e. (reducing fares). There are no
detailed documents on this - at least not public (and all related news
items are in Spanish but I'm happy to forward to those interested).

Best regards,

Carlos.