[sustran] Re: What is wrong with congestion charging?

Walter Hook walter.hook at itdp.org
Tue Dec 13 01:22:47 JST 2011

Eric

thanks for the clarification.

ITDP is much more focused on parking these days, but parking reform and
congestion charging are not mutually exclusive.  not sure why you see this
as an either/or thing, cities need revenue and a congestion charge is not a
bad place to get it, all the problems with CC notwithstanding.

I dont see a lot of positive political utility in your poking holes in
positive efforts to implement congestion charging.   why not focus on
getting your alternatives implemented in some places?

best
walter