[sustran] More on "I prefer corruption to pollution"

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Dec 5 18:07:42 JST 2011

New post on World Streets

“I prefer corruption to pollution” *revisited

The full message from Todd Edelman -- as part of a discussion on the Sustran/Global South forum of attempts to limit parking in cities through regulation, which sometimes achieve at least some of their objectives, and at other times risk to open up opportunities for favoritism and corruption --reads: "Briefly (and simplistically): I prefer corruption to pollution."  Now I find this a terrific provocative thought and while I leave you to sort that one out for yourself, here's a bit of context on this important, powerful, unambiguous,  but nonetheless largely ignored policy issue behind his contentious phrase.

Read more of this post URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-246