[sustran] Re: CLARIFICATION - Re: Examples of "green" airports?

Christof Hertel hertel at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 19 22:55:11 JST 2011

Dear Hari, dear all,

I think, this is also a question of national legislation, as garbage
seperation is not really a big thing in some places, whereas it is a
major step forward in others.

Main task for green airports in my opinon is, that the landing and
starting taxes are sensitive regarding noise and other air pollution, so
that noisy and polluting aircrafts will be more expensive than
relatively efficient, calm and clean airplanes.

One major issue in air cargo is actually in Europe, that lots of the air
freight gets "trucked", as within Europe any place can be reached by
road within 24h, which is sufficient for most of the air freight...
So this is something, where I am happy to see trucks on the road ;-) and
the airplanes are dispensable.

If also the passengers would think the same way as the goods, and would
use the train instead.
Best
Christof

BTW: Homepage for the Berlin Tempelhof Airport Park:
*http://www.tempelhoferfreiheit.de/

*