[sustran] Re: City has no space for the pedestrian

Sarath Guttikunda sguttikunda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:09:18 JST 2011

Pertinent to the discussion on this thread..

Physicist Geoffrey West has found that simple, mathematical laws govern the
properties of cities -- that wealth, crime rate, walking speed and many
other aspects of a city can be deduced from a single number: the city's
population. His presentation at TED Global 2011 (last month).

http://www.ted.com/talks/geoffrey_west_the_surprising_math_of_cities_and_corporations.html

With regards,
Sarath

--