[sustran] PRT proposal for Delhi convinces Chief Minister

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Apr 29 14:54:59 JST 2011

Dear friends,

Let me share this comment from Brendan Finn that appeared in World Streets
yesterday on this topic. I think he sums up the situation admirably.

>From World Streets:

Brendan Finn says:

28 April 2011 at 07:17
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/prt-proposal-for-delhi-convinc
es-chief-minister-but-does-it-convince-you-see-poll-results/#comment-2475>

PRT is one of those concepts that looks tempting at first glance but is a
total loser once you think it through to city scale. And it doesn't take a
lot of thinking time to figure that out. Normally that would be the end of
the matter, but somehow PRT keeps coming back. There is never anything
fundamentally different that might make it a viable option in its latest
incarnation, it seems that the same old lines are trotted out in the hope
that we might fall for it this time (this actually works, it seems someone
in Delhi has).

I don't really object to people trying to turn a buck from this nonsense,
but I really object to the distraction and delays it causes to the solutions
that really do work.