[sustran] Re: PRT proposal for Delhi convinces Chief Minister

bruun at seas.upenn.edu bruun at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 29 07:37:33 JST 2011

The 40 kph peak speed might be irrelevant if the system is operating near
capacity. If you look at the Lehner curves, there is always a speed at which
capacity is maximized. It is down in the 18 kph range for small
vehicles, while
with large vehicles like metros it is up around 80-90 kph.

Eric Bruun