[sustran] Re: APHRC and R2W: Sept 13, 2010: Group

krishna gopal krishkaran at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:58:53 JST 2010

Dear Ms.Kanthimathi

I do remember at one of the seminars I asked one of the famous
transportation expert, when most of the travel in a city is accomplished by
walking why should not they include walking as a mode and impart as much
significance as all other modes of transport, he even refused to take up my
question.

We are born free, but in the midst we are curtailed from walking free, by
calling walkers as "jaywalkers"( in chennai at one point of time scores of
people were rounded up and fined instantly by the mobile courts).

Atleast there is a glimmer of hope, from the movement you started in GHMC to
force the authorities to take a look at the footpaths and give it a place it
deserves in their agenda of action.

May I wish many movements like this flower in all the Cities to make our
footpaths a wonderful place to walk

Wishing you good luck

--
C.Krishnagopal