[sustran] Green Idea Factory Blog: Don't believe the Hyper-illumination

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.eu
Mon Sep 13 04:52:33 JST 2010

Don't believe the Hyper-illumination
Green Idea Factory Blog, 12 Sept 2010

(This expands on something I posted recently to these fora... now
mentioning also some specific products, and with illustrations....)

"Cycling is generally very safe.

For celebrations on a "bike theme" or not, certain special events etc.
the MonkeyLectric Bike Wheel Light <http://www.monkeylectric.com/> is
lovely and wonderful, but it represents an extreme version of what I
call "Hyper-illumination" creating both acute (at the moment of use) and
chronic (cultural) danger for other vulnerable road users (VRU's, both
pedestrians and cyclists), even those - only in the case of cyclists, of
course - who are legally illuminated..."

To read on, please see
http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/2010/09/dont-believe-hyper-illumination.html

--

Todd Edelman