[sustran] Kaohsiung 2010 Papers. Sharing/Strategy for a Small Planet. Part I

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Sep 8 13:33:02 JST 2010

Several of my colleagues working with or watching the preparations for next
weeks Kaohsiung conference on sharing in transport have suggested that the
following piece is important enough to take your time with it. That is very
kind but in fact I hesitated yesterday because it really does need more work
(and its second half). That said I bend to their judgment and here it is.
Comments of course as always hugely welcome.  Thanks. Eric Britton

 <http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/author/worldstreets/>

Kaohsiung
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/kaohsiung-2010-papers-sharings
trategy-for-a-small-planet-part-i/>  2010 Papers. Sharing/Strategy for a
Small Planet. Part I

E. Britton, <http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/author/worldstreets/>  editor
| 7 September 2010 at 16:54 | Categories: Kaohsiung
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/kaohsiung/> , behavior
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/behavior/> , cars
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/cars/> , climate
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/climate/> , philosophy
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/philosophy/> , sharing
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/sharing/>  | URL:
http://wp.me/psKUY-Ye
After many decades of a single dominant city-shaping transportation pattern
- i.e., for those who could afford it: owning and driving our own cars,
trucks, motorcycles and bicycles, getting into taxis by ourselves, riding in
streets that are designed for cars and not much else -- there is
considerable evidence accumulating that we have already [...]
Read
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/kaohsiung-2010-papers-sharings
trategy-for-a-small-planet-part-i/>  more of this post
Add
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/kaohsiung-2010-papers-sharings
trategy-for-a-small-planet-part-i/#respond>  a comment to this post

<http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=worldstreets.wordpress.com&blog=68535
40&post=3734&subd=worldstreets&ref=&email=1>
<http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/gocomments/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3734/>
<http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/godelicious/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3734/

<http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/gofacebook/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3734/>
<http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/gotwitter/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3734/>